Thursday, June 23, 2011

Work work work blahh

        I failed to write a blog entry yesterday because our internet was (and still is - so the work comptuer is my savior) down from that tornadic storm thing, that I survived. No biggie. That mothafucka had nothing on me anyway. But because of that little inconvenience I'm going to write two blog posts today.
        First I'm going to talk about the day of the storm, which was pretty chill. I came home from work, cried a little (or a lot), then got my sorry ass up and went to run errands with my mom. I drove. I'm used to driving with my dad, who really doesn't say anything unless I'm by police cars. But driving with mi momesita is a different story. According to my dad, I'm a great driver. According to my mom, I shouldn't be let on the road. I coast through stop signs, only check once before crossing intersections or turning, speed at every given moment, and make turns worthy of the Indy 500. So after those lovely errands were finished, I put on some presentable clothes (clothes that didn't have paint or little kid puke) on, and met Krista, Robby (bleh), Becky, Sean (not your brother), and Katie (double bleh) for Starbucks. Right when I got there we ran into some seniors, more like 10 seniors, that included Brandon and Rohit.
      This brings me to the Rohit question. To go or not to go to Rohit's graduation party Saturday? I'm not really friends with his friends and I don't really want to be the only underclassmen there. Alex (ADD) was invited, but I don't know if I'll be home on time. And he said that he wanted to invite you, but he wasn't friends with you on facebook, so I should bring you. But you're kind've MIA in leprechaun - a - gogo land as of now. Maybe it would be a good thing for me to stop by for a few minutes and thrust myself into a social circle far outside my own? Or maybe I would just re-live my first sixth grade dance of sitting alone, all prettied up, right next to the snack table of doritos. Or maybe it was a healthier alternative (like SunChips!), but right now I'm eating doritos so let's just go with that. But the question is, go to the party and risk damage irreversable in no other way than whoring around for the next two years of my life? Or stay home and watch reruns of Sabrina. I think I'll take the partayyy. But I'm not sure. I have no wing-people to go with. I'm a pimp without his posse, and OG without his unoriginal gangsters, a Siberian drug lord with no huskies to pull his dog sled full of cocaine. A cow without her milk, Elsie.
      On the subject of doritos, I find it amazing that you can buy 420 calories and 34% of your daily fat for $1.29 (that's US dollahs, Irish boy). You'd think that people would charge food based on it's calorie content. We'd have a much, much skinnier America. But I'll be fat and happy and eat my Doritos and Slurpee at 9:30 in the morning. A quality breakfast for less than 3 dollah! That's cheaper than a footlong! I'll have to work this off the good old fashion way, through excersize. Much less fun and less fufilling then the sexercise I get with you.
     Anyway, back to Starbucks. We got kicked out because we had an excessively large group of teenagers and over - grown seniors. Mainly over-grown seniors. So we ditched the seniors and went to Dips and Dogs to annoy the severly incompetent jocks that happen to work at the counter and as the 'chefs'. There should be a law in the US that states that a girl should be able to order fries without four guys staring at her boobs. Seriously, have they never seen a girl in a tank top before? My eyes are up here dickwad. (not you, the Dips and Dogs jerk-offs). But for our entertainment me and Katie went and got ice-cream cones just to see their reactions when we ate them. It was worth the two dollars for the cone.
      Then Becky left, and Teri showed up. And Sean left too. So we were bored of tormenting the mindless at D and D's. They should just call it Dicks and Drones. But I guess that wouldn't promote family values and a facade of a caring community, would it?
      So we walked the miles to Teri's and I got demoted to foot pedaler on Rock Band because Robby was better at drumming than I was. And we watched Spy Kids. Trippiest movie ever. I hadn't seen it in ages but the thumb people are still as fucking scary as when I was eight. Jesus. The whole movie's equivalent to a bad trip, not that I've ever tripped before (seriously).
      Then my mom realized that bad weather was coming  and picked me up. Because her being next to me during a tornado is really going to effect my chances of survival. Once again, this is not Harry Potter mom - because the whole fucking world's Voldemort. So I curled up in the basement with Lucky on a blanket and heard the whole thing go through. I even had a whistle with me in case I got stuck under a huge ass piece of our house. Smart thinking on my mom's part, actually. They say they're not sure if it was a tornado in Clarendon Hills but I definitely heard something that sounded like a tornado. It was like God was stomping on our house and down our street with steel cowboy boots, walking his pet train.
      The house looks completely different without the huge tree. Our yard looks a hell of a lot bigger, but at the same time I feel like something's missing. I figure Jack just wanted the tree up in heaven with him to lay under. I think there's a tree heaven.
      Today while I was in the car driving to work, I realized that life is funny in the way that you can love someone, but it will try to keep two people apart. I mean, all people want is to be next to eachother forever, and life makes up situations and sends one of them away. Or they have to go to work. And they have to eat and survive, because the sad thing is, we can't subsist on love alone. Yet isn't the purpose of life to love? We constantly have to fight for what we love. We have to do all these ugly things and yell and hate and fight and kill and die, all for this great thing. Maybe love isn't as pure as we like to say it is. Maybe love is so powerful not just because it's the ultimate good, but because it's the ultimate evil too. I think the noblest and most important thing to do is to fight for nothing but love. To keep it close and not let other people, or things, or anything tear it apart. Although this isn't necessarily directed at you or any particular situation, just think about it. I'll write later if my internet's up, about yesterday and today.
Love,
Lizzie

No comments:

Post a Comment